The process of delivering your equipment – whether it be combines, tractors, long-haul, short-haul, utility, freight – starts with your sales people entering the initial data. They may be on the phone with the customer, entering the information from an e-mail, or from an order form, placed on your company website.
Whatever the case may be, the concept is you want your sales person to be able to enter the required information quickly and efficiently. Keeping your sales people productive and moving through requests as quickly as possible is important. The faster that a sales agent can move through the tedious process of data entry, the faster they can move to the next. You also do not want your agents getting bogged down in data entry due to the fact that you may also need them selling on the floor.
FleetGain has a streamline process, where your agents can populate the form quickly – generally within a matter of minutes. This happens in the following way:
- Dropdown boxes allow your sales agent to quickly select the earliest, latest and suggested ship date of the cargo. Drop down boxes can also be used quickly when scheduling internal shipments – from one store location to another.
- If entering customer data for the first time (net new freight/equipment customer), the checkbox “save for future use”:can be clicked to save all entered information to the database.
- Easy search boxes – start typing the first few letters of the customer’s name or address and the rest will auto-populate
Sales Requisition – Customized Fields to Suit your Business
Fleet Gain is built on the concept of customization. As such, there are changes that the Company Administrator can make in the Settings area which impact upon the information your sales people enter. For example – say you have sales people which are skipping certain fields on the form, and not filling them out properly. You can set those fields to be mandatory fields – meaning they must be filled, or the form cannot be submitted.
Here are some more ways that the Sales Requisition process can be customized to your business. We’ll work with you to set these up, show you how to do it, and then you can even do it yourself going forward:
- Add fields to the sales request form like serial number, make/model, instruction manual shipped with product
- Checkboxes for Yes/No, Mandatory fields can be turned on and off
- Additional fields added to the sales request can be setup to have the requested information flow directly to the packing slip/delivery slip as well.
- Special instructions to be sent to the driver, such as a trade or exchange of equipment once the driver has reached the intended destination.
Workflow Process after Sales Requisition Completed
Once the sales person has completed the workflow process for the sales requisition, an e-mail notification will go out to the Scheduler and they can begin working on the next aspect – scheduling the delivery. Or, we can customize your environment so you choose what the next step is. For example, you may want an email notification to go elsewhere. Or you may not have a scheduler at all and want to skip that step entirely.
FleetGain is a very customizable application. We welcome the opportunity to work with your organization, in terms of your business needs.
- Salesmen could see that they were not promising the impossible, Service managers could know when to expect machines, and Drivers could schedule their own trips
- Having less trucks making all of a dealership’s local and inter-store deliveries allowed us to invest in fewer but higher quality vehicles
- With FleetGain oversight or unneccessary calls for verification became a thing of the past.
- All facets of the scheduling process have been made readily available to all stakeholders, empowering employees to contribute to the process.
- With FlletGain, Duplicate efforts and repeated tasks are minimized and processes are made more efficient.
- Fleetgain Improved delivery times and increased customer satisfaction lead to greater overall value.
- FleetGain eliminated one of the major friction points between stores and departments
- FleetGain has eliminated the dozens of phone calls that used to take place – checking when a truck would be available and where the driver was heading.